Last weekend we invited some friends over for dinner to celebrate the coming holidays, my graduation and birthday. We agreed that as birthday boy I would choose the menu and be chef du jour for the main course; lamb loin with couscous and capsicum chutney. Meanwhile Helen prepared the entree and the all important birthday cake. Earlier in the week Cathryn had directed me to a recipe for Fruit Tingle cake (the Fruit Tingles, otherwise known as Lifesavers, are the round sherbet lollies on the top, recipe from Sydney baking blog
Raspberri Cupcakes). The recipe called for three layers of orange cake with butter cream icing infused with crushed up fruit tingles. Thankfully Helen was keen to try the recipe so now I have my own one. Yum! It was a great evening shared with good friends.
Sharing with:
A Beach Cottage
Wow that cake looks amazing!
ReplyDeleteHello! We can make it for your birthday!
ReplyDeleteI was excited to see the pics and I hope it was delicious! xo
ReplyDeleteHi Cathy, thanks for tipping us off about the Fruit Tingle Cake! Also, we received your postcard on Christmas weekend. Looks beautiful. Looking forward to seeing you soon. Love, J
ReplyDelete