Chinese Garden Stool
I finally managed to find a vintage Chinese garden stool to my liking just before Christmas. With the help of Ruen the stool managed to arrive safely from Sydney. I know it has been very du jour to have these stools in interiors and there are all sorts of colours and styles now available for exorbitant prices in all the designer-y interiors stores. However, I remember them growing up in their traditional garden setting usually consisting of four to six stools in blue and white or a famille rose pattern around a matching ceramic garden table. Call me conservative or maybe just nostalgic but I much prefer the garden stools in the styles I remember rather than these modern styles in metallics etc. The last image is one I found at an antiques auction listing site. I do admit I like the modern Vietnamese Craft Link version second from the top. Tammy's family in Malaysia has a beautiful setting in their garden. I wish I had photographed it when I was visiting, must remember next time!
You might also like:
Another Drum Stool
Hi!
ReplyDeleteI love theese garden stools. I am a blogger from norway and I came akross you when searching for garden stool pics for my new post. Hope that you wont mind beeing linked. In case let me know :)
Regards Malena
Hi Malena, thanks for letting us know. I love Chinese garden stools too and I'm glad you share my passion! Hope you continue to enjoy our blog.
ReplyDeleteCan anyone tell me where these stools can be purchased in Sydney? There used to be a chinese ceramic shop on the road near Sydney University. Any tips would be most gratefully received. Many thanks.
ReplyDeleteHi there, I purchased both of mine off eBay so perhaps you could try this first as you're more likely to find a bargain with a vintage version. Unfortunately as I am based in Brisbane I'm unsure about Sydney homewares stores that stock these but you may find them at Coco Republic. I would also look in Asian homewares/antiques stores. In Brisbane they can be found at Black + Spiro, Lily G, Magnolia Interiors. Sydney based online boutique Ada + Darcy also has them. Good luck!
ReplyDelete