Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Great Gatsby



Ok, so I'm definitely in a reading groove now.  Last night I finished reading The Great Gatsby which I thoroughly enjoyed.  I love the sense of excitement and glamour of the parties as well the mystery that exists around the gentlemanly character called Gatsby.  Feeling inspired to keep on reading and perhaps something a bit closer to home this time.  I think my next book will be Cloudstreet by Tim Winton.

2 comments:

  1. I read that Gatsby recently too! Here is a recommendation for another Fitzgerald book; Tender is the Night'. Sonny recommended it to me and I enjoyed it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angela, thanks for the tip. I have to admit I haven't started Cloudstreet yet so I could possible sneak that one in beforehand. I hear that you are in KL at the moment. High tea at Carcosa Seri Negara is rather nice (it's on a hill a short way west of the golden triangle). Though I'm sure Helen has given you the heads up already. Safe travels. We look forward to seeing your next post!

    ReplyDelete