We spent a couple of days winding our way through the narrow cobbled streets of Aix en Provence simply enjoying the atmosphere that is so unique to the south of France. We loved happening upon unexpected squares and fountains, tiny shops selling French linen, local olive oil, teas and spices. I bought some
végétale wax candles scented with savon de Marseille. The worn patina of faded facades and their contrast against the azure skies made for picturesque wanderings. Rue d'Italie was one of my favourite bustling streets lined with cafes and sucrecutiers. We wondered who lived behind the house with the ivy walls and white shutters and whether there was a beautiful provencal garden beyond...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHi Helen,
ReplyDeleteI'm hooked now! I love, love your photos! You get angles that make the picture more realistic, shadows which give it depth and the colour....tres bon!I'm taking my daughters to France in November for a little gap time, before they start Uni, I'm surely going to get some pointers from your blog.
Have a lovely day,
Vickixx
Hi Vicki, I'm so glad you like the photos :) They are a constant reminder for us in our busy lives to not forget the world is wide and we are yet to learn so much from other people, places and cultures... What lucky girls your daughters are to have such a wonderful trip to look forwards to!
ReplyDelete