Sunday, May 29, 2011

Perfect Peacocks







Today I went for a quick wander through New Farm Antique Centre followed by James Street to pick up some coffee.  Peacock chairs ruled the day as everywhere I turned they seemed to be featuring in display windows.  I loved the vintage natural rattan one from the antique centre more than the new white one at Magnolia (sorry for the reflections...) but they are both perfect, the detail is amazing. Last year I came across two vintage matching and very ornate peacock chairs online for a steal and convinced friends to purchase as we have no space and I couldn't bear the thought of never seeing them again if they were sold to someone else!  I have to remember to take a snap next I'm at their place...

2 comments:

  1. We had one of those when I grew up. Seeing Peacock chairs always brings back loving memories. I agree with you about the color and its totally delightful that you convinced your friends to by the ons you found :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Malena! Yes, this vintage style chair is so popular once again isn't it and why not?! A design classic... It would be fabulous if you still had the one you grew up with :)

    ReplyDelete