Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Books and Seashells










One of my favourite things to do on a lazy Sunday morning is to lounge in bed with lots of books and magazines.  I was looking forwards to reading my latest copy of Vogue Living and one of the new design books I recently bought up at the beach.  David Hicks was such a consummate designer, his interiors are as fresh today as they were during is reign as decorator du jour.

After spending time by the ocean I'm always so inspired by all things beachy.  Hence I felt a sudden urge to buy an enormous collection of seashells!  I placed them on a platter so I could contemplate them sitting there so beautifully.  I now have the shells in a giant glass candy jar but I'm afraid it doesn't quite feel the same as when I was contemplating them by the sea...sigh*

The Rainbow Beach Hotel next to where we were staying had a divine interior - all white metal pressed ceilings and white walls, palms and pineapple motifs, and bentwood chairs as far as you can see. Very stylish for an old Queensland pub in a sleepy little beachside town.

No comments:

Post a Comment