Saturday, June 26, 2010

Chinoiserie Style Deja Vu





I guess sometimes things are meant to be.  I posted earlier last month about regretting having lost out on a Chinoiserie style bamboo desk and chair setting.  Not too long after I couldn't believe my good luck at finding a second setting and what's more in much better, almost pristine vintage condition!  Enough said I didn't hesitate at making sure I didn't let this one go.  So here it is sitting in a snug corner of our apartment.  I'm looking forwards to sitting in this little nook organising bits and pieces.

No doubt I have mentioned myriad times how much I love blue and white and lucky me I received this beautiful print as a birthday gift from Oi Lai of delicate blue and white Chinoiserie porcelain. Can't wait to get it framed, perhaps in a brass faux bamboo frame. Our birthdays are exactly one week apart and I have a lovely little something for her too but will post a bit later!

No comments:

Post a Comment