The Grand Trianon situated a short distance from the main chateau of Versailles was a much more intimate series of spaces although no less beautiful. It was where Louis XIV and his guests retreated to away from the strict court etiquette. I love the mainly white interiors accented with brightly coloured textiles. The yellow room was so unexpected and the French certainly love their tassels... I admit I now love them too! Most visitors seemed to be more interested in the main palace at the time so it was beautifully quiet on our wanderings through the manicured grounds on a misty, cold Versailles morning...
Hi Helen,
ReplyDeleteWhat perfect pictures....again! They show the sumptuousness (is there such a word)? at every turn. I love the patterns, the colour combinations, the overlayering...I love everything! Did you buy yourself a scarf whilst there?
Vickixx
Hi Vicki, I did indeed buy myself a scarf... several in fact! Well... I justified that since we don't have H&M, Galeries Lafayette or Nafnaf and since I needed them to guard against the cold and they were such a good price... really any excuse will do!
ReplyDeleteI also bought tassels ;)