Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Valentines Display at Ladurée


















Ok, I know this is a somewhat belated Valentines Day blog but I had to share these photos of the delicious window display at Ladurée on the Champs-Élysées celebrating the day.  It was our second day in Paris and it's probably a bit clichéd but it was a lovely place to be for Valentines as the myriad of chocolatières and pâtisseries lining the boulevards and avenues put up the most decorative displays and make it really fun... and terribly tempting! I'm going to miss those macarons...

We ended the day with picking up a bunch of roses from a florist on the Seine and a loaf of brioche we couldn't resist.  It was so cold the flowers stayed almost immaculate for the entire week. The hotel left lovely chocolate hearts with praline filling from Foucher in little bags tied with ribbon on our pillows and I admit it would have to be some of the best chocolate I've tasted.  Thank goodness we walked for miles every day in our exploration of the City of Light to balance out all our indulging!

3 comments:

  1. Clichè or not. I hope I will meet someone that will take me to Paris for Valetinesday some time. I think its a perfect place to be <3 And now Ladurèe is etzed in my mind :) Looks like the perfect Tea-Lounge.

    Thanks for your lovely comment Helen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like my idea of heaven!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Geneve, it was very indulgent but indeed heavenly! I think we ate something like 40 macarons between us over the two weeks we were there!

    ReplyDelete