Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter Baking





Good friends of ours moved into their new house over Easter.  James had a hand in the design so we were keen to see the finished result.  Hence we decided to pay a visit with afternoon tea in hand to have a sticky beak and also offer them a brief respite from all the unpacking and cleaning.  I baked a batch of scones followed by a coffee walnut tea cake to take with us.  One of the advantages of having a longer weekend is definitely the chance to do some baking and then to enjoy the resulting goodies with friends...

4 comments:

  1. Nothing beats helpe from good friends.

    And when they bring scones and cake too (and bubbeling water...) everything is perfect!

    The coffe walnut tea cake looks just too good! Can I have the recipt? please with sugar on top...and the biggest dog eyes I can manage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Sorry it took me so long to get back to you, things have been a little crazy lately... but yes, I would love to give you the recipe! It's a long one though so I might think about how best to get it to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how very civilized Helen. Mrs Beeton would have been proud of you! I hear that the High Tea is becoming popular in France again?
    Vickixx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vicki! I had to do a Google search on Mrs Beeton but now I know what you mean :) I don't know about my abilities in household management though!

    I'm not sure about High Tea in the traditional English sense but I certainly noticed one Friday evening at Marriage Freres that it was packed to the rafters with chic Parisians stocking up on their tea supplies for the weekend. I don't think you would find the Tea Centre in Brisbane so popular at 5pm on a Friday!

    ReplyDelete