Sunday, April 24, 2011

Market Days









As you probably already know, I love market days at the Powerhouse especially when it's a clear crisp Brisbane morning.  Jan Power's markets have been established for over a decade now and apparently Gourmet Traveller recently ranked the markets 22nd in Australia and 1st in Queensland in their Top 100 Gourmet Experiences poll.  Whenever I can I try to get there every 2nd and 4th Saturday of each month, but you have to get there either quite early or rather late as the mid morning crowd surges to the point of barely being able to move an inch or two at a time!

What I love is that there's always something new that catches my eye; a new stall or display, the changing produce coming into season and then there are always the favourites to return to.  The first image is of the French Sin stall which I find the most tempting with it's beautiful marquee and freshly baked viennoiseries.  One particular fruit and vegetables stall which is a favourite goes to such effort to display everything on lovely old crates, worn timber shelves and rattan baskets.  Yesterday James and I left laden with fresh vegies, an armful of lilies and of course our mandatory pain au chocolat and pain au raisin.  I would love to know if you have similar markets where you live and what they're like!

I hope everyone is enjoying a lovely Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment