Our task for last weekend was to put up our newly acquired vintage mirror. After some difficulty we finally managed to get the darn thing up having underestimated how heavy it was. We discovered a new appreciation for ornate mirrors during our trip to France and decided we would hunt for one to go above James' inherited sideboard. It arrived from Sydney four weeks ago but it's been so hectic that the mirror remained lying next to our front door all this time... I love the decorative frame, especially the woven motif at the sides... reminds me of a classic Bottega Veneta leather handbag!
Hi Helen,
ReplyDeleteSuch a refined mirror, what taste you both have.It will look nice with reflected candle light. It made me think of one of my favourite pieces of music, Spiegel im Spiegel by Avo Part, it means mirror to mirror and I could listen to it all day.
Vickixx
Thanks Vicki, now I can only hope that the 10kg thing will stay put! I always wondered what the word Spiegel meant and now I know :)
ReplyDelete