Monday, June 27, 2011

Country Drive















James and I were invited by Sandra and Wayne on a Saturday tour of the Scenic Rim located just over an hour's drive south west of Brisbane.  The scenery of rolling hills dotted with homesteads and country cottages made for pleasant touring.  I also loved the weathered timber and corrugated iron shacks that often stood forlornly with an abandoned air about them here and there.  We stopped off at a number of locations for a wander through the local shops, a bite to eat and to take in the panoramic views of the valley.  Queen Mary Falls was one of our last stops of the day.  The dappled light from the sun's last rays was so beautiful on the water. It was very refreshing to get out and about in nature away from busy city life.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Helen,

    What a lovely day out in the country, you've given me an idea for our next Sunday off. You had a nice day too by the looks of it. I like coming across the little cafes/bookstores where you least expect.
    Vickixx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vicki, if you do head to Queen Mary Falls, make sure you stop for lunch at Spring Creek Mountain Cafe & Cottages... the view from the dining deck is beautiful and the food very tasty!

    I've forgotten the name of the bookstore cafe we stopped in at Boonah but it's on the main street in town if you are keen for a browse. Happy touring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Helen,

    Thank you for the info, we will definitely get there at some point, I love to head off and explore. I really love your photos...I've just noticed the spot on symmetry and it's as if each photo is just waiting to tell us a story. Have you been to the Southern Highlands? It is snap happy country!
    Have a lovely week,
    Vickixx

    ReplyDelete