Wednesday, April 25, 2012

ANZAC Baking



Anyone who loves to bake will know what I mean when I say "I love my perfectly clean oven!".  It took a fair bit of elbow grease though to scrub it to sparkling!  We watched the ANZAC day commemoration ceremonies on TV while I cleaned the oven... so I could bake a big batch of ANZAC biscuits in a pristine oven!  They turned out beautifully and we had them with a cup of tea as we watched the rest of the ceremonies... the speeches and music were so moving... 

2 comments:

  1. And my mum would have loved to sit with you both and enjoyed the experience thoroughly. Anzac bikkies (and Corn Flake crackles) with a cup of tea. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I wish I could have met her Ron... I like to think we would have gotten along like a house on fire! I think your mum must have been one stylish and very elegant lady :)

    ReplyDelete