Monday, January 24, 2011

Kirra Beach





Talking of seeking out new places, we took an impromptu trip down the coast to Kirra Beach after breakfast on Saturday.  I hadn't known of this sleepy stretch of beach just north of Coolangatta until this weekend at James' suggestion.  It was surprisingly quiet despite it being the height of an Australian summer and practically the first weekend the rain (and floods!) stayed away.  It's still a relatively undeveloped area with mainly old fibro shacks and 1970s brick units, although I noticed the tall apartment blocks are starting to appear beyond. We almost had the beach entirely to ourselves and spent a perfect day in the waves, lounging on the sand and beachcombing for shells and bits of coral.  It was a much needed escape after a stressful couple of weeks.  I'm finding more and more that wherever there is sun, surf and sand is where I ultimately want to be most...

3 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful having the beach nearly to your selfe. What I would not give to spend tomorrow on that beach.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Check out my latest post from the fjords of Norway :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Malena, thanks for your comment, your photos of Rosendal are lovely :)

    ReplyDelete