Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Rosebery House









We went across to West End today to try and source some materials for a new coat rack.  We had no luck but decided to take a look around the area.  I wanted to show James my favourite house in Brisbane but I couldn't remember the directions exactly as it is almost completely concealed from the road and it's been such a long time since I saw it last. I remembered it was at the end of a tiny street leading down towards the Brisbane River. Luckily we managed to stumble our way to it and it was well worth all the wrong turns in the end.  Rosebery House designed by Andresen O'Gorman and built in 1998 has stood its twelve years extraordinarily well.  I remember discovering it in 2003 and it looks even more beautiful today than it did then.  The greenery surrounding the house has grown and embraced it with all its lush foliage. It is like suddenly coming upon a secret treehouse set amongst a rare pocket of tropical rainforest right in the middle of inner Brisbane.  Both times I have been there the house has had a very surreal, suddenly deserted ambience both beautiful and intriguing.

No comments:

Post a Comment