Monday, April 11, 2011

Beautiful Film




I watched Stanley Kubrick's Barry Lyndon again recently.  The film is based on Thackeray's novel and it really must be one of the most visually stunning films ever made.  Every scene is like an 18th century painting and Marisa Berenson is so luminescently beautiful as Lady Lyndon.  The lighting, set design and costumes are all a feast for the eyes not to mention the score.  Has anyone seen this film and love it as much as I do?

4 comments:

  1. Yes I love it too Helen! All of Kubrick's films are so visually amazing aren't they! I think my favourite, though is still '2001 A Space Odyssey'.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you are a fan too! Hope you are well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree about the complex visual lushness of the film. I think the image you have selected is a perfect example of the 18th century paintings of by the likes of Boucher and Fragonard, a perfectly frames, perfectly lighted and designed shot- a true master shot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tim, thanks for your comment, it is one of the most visually arresting films and I continue to love it more with every viewing! I stopped past your site, your work is beautiful... maybe one day you will exhibit in Australia and I will be able to see your work :)

    ReplyDelete