I love our little city apartment but I do daydream about the possibilities of one day having extensive, sprawling gardens. Only the hardiest plants survive the drying conditions of being up high so pretty, delicate flowering things are basically a no-go. We stayed at a hotel called Le Pigonnet during our visit to Aix en Provence and when we weren't out and about, being able to wander through or sit and read in their beautifully kept gardens was one of the loveliest things about the hotel. It made me want a large, leafy garden even more. It was winter and nothing was in flower, many of the vines were bare but there was a wonderful tranquility and stillness to the garden... especially in the wintery late afternoon sun.
Sharing with:
A Beach Cottage
Just wonderful!
ReplyDeleteThis is so beautiful. I look forward to seeing you at My Dream Canvas.
ReplyDeleteHello! Glad you like a french garden as much as I do!
ReplyDeleteGreat pics and lovely garden! Thanks so much for adding your link and joining the party at Beach Cottage Good Life Wednesdays!
ReplyDeleteWow, this place is beautiful.
ReplyDeleteHi Sarah, thanks for popping past and for holding the link party :)
ReplyDelete