Making the most of our Tuesday public holiday we packed a picnic hamper before heading off for the Brisbane Valley. We meandered our way through the lush Brisbane Forest Park stopping for morning tea of homemade scones and tea atop Mt Nebo. Then to Esk via Lake Somerset for a late lunch. The striking scents of the forest, the birdsong and the lakes made for tranquil surrounds. Our destination for lunch was a park where the old Esk railway yard used to be, the old station a great centre piece. For lunch we had pasta and tea cake for dessert. I love fresh pasta and this one, prepared with asparagus, tomato and zucchini from the Saturday markets, was definitely a favourite. I didn't think to take photos of lunch... too tasty. Anyway, having enjoyed the last patches of warm sunshine we returned home before late afternoon showers washed the day away.
Sharing with:
A Beach Cottage
Looks great James! We also took advantage of the extra holiday and headed off down the Mornington Peninsula. Weather was perfect and now it's back to the old school routine.
ReplyDeletehttp://outofours.blogspot.com/2011/04/all-walked-out.html
Hi Robyn, cool. I will check it out. I've never been to the Mornington Peninsula but have heard a lot of good things. Perhaps we'll have to detour out there on our next Melbourne trip. :-)
ReplyDeleteIt sounds and looks ideal! Beautiful pictures!
ReplyDeleteGreat pics! Thanks for adding your link to Beach Cottage Good Life Wednesdays!
ReplyDeleteThanks again for dropping past Sarah :)
ReplyDelete