Monday, January 10, 2011

Weekend Project





We've been contemplating putting up a coat rack for a while and the rainy weather has given us the perfect excuse to stay indoors and put one together. We took inspiration from the reclaimed timber frame Stuart gave us for Christmas and salvaged some T&G board from a demolition yard and picked up a few metal hooks from the hardware shop. After a Sunday afternoon of sawing and drilling we finally put the rack up in our little entry way.  I really like how it has brightened up the space but most of all I like that we had some fun putting it all together. Our apartment became an impromptu workshop for an afternoon!

Sharing with:
http://www.abeachcottage.com/

5 comments:

  1. Hi Helen!

    How nice is'nt that! And it must be so fun to make something together. Hope I find a man like that some day! I'll put it on the "he must have"-list :)

    And thank you for letting me know what you think. Bloging in english has been really awarding. So I will keep it up :)

    Looking forward to staying in touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Malena,

    Thank you for your lovely comments. I wish I could comment on your blog so fluently in Norwegian as you do on ours in English but I'm afraid I don't have knowledge of your language at all! Hopefully I will pick some up by reading your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helen and James, thats really lovely. Nice work :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your lovely comments everyone!

    ReplyDelete